Friday, November 6, 2009

Ants in my pants

A beautiful day outside. The bus plus a short and pleasant walk got me to a great park where I spent some time. In the process I met a cool guy named Chester, his job is holding a sign outside the mall advertising a "going out of business" sale. We didn't get to spend a lot of time talking but I could quickly tell he was someone I could enjoy watching some football with and talking life.

I met another dude, Daniel, as he helped me spot and remove the ants that attacked me. (I was sitting on a great strip of grass waiting for my bus and started feeling itchy, apparently because I had sat on an ant bed.)

While waiting at the bus stop I had a realization. Have you ever sat and watched busy traffic drive by? It's funny watching these big machines carry people around by themselves. I had a professor that enjoyed referring to cars as "mobile isolation boxes." It's amazing how much we can miss out on when we spend too much time in those boxes.

2 comments: